At below we describe the types of personal information we collect about our consumers, how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to our consumers regarding our use of the information.
Information we collect
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” We obtain personal information about you via various channels. The full list of the information we collect include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or another telephone number);
- username and password;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- purchase and transaction information;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers; and
- other personal information we obtain through our Channels.
Collection with Cookies
What we do with this data
We may use the Personal Information obtained from you for a variety of business purposes, like:
For Customer Service and Transactional Purposes, such as to:
- respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service;
- manage your account and registration;
- troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities;
- provide you with access to certain features of the marde Services;
- verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to the marde Services;
- validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone), and send you related information, coupons, products or samples;
- to use and disclose your credit, debit, or payment card or other financial information to process payments and prevent fraud;
- contact you with regard to your use of the marde Services and, in our discretion, changes to any marde crafts policy;
- protect the security or integrity of the marde Services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
For Commercial Purposes, such as to:
- perform market research, understand the effectiveness of our competition or promotions and marde Services analytics and operations;
- provide you with customized content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by marde crafts or on behalf of our partners and affiliates, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you on or outside of the marde Services, in emails and across third-party websites;
- link or combine with Personal Information we receive from others to help understand your needs, use for interest-based or targeted advertising or re-targeting on your computers or other devices, and to provide you with better service; and
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners (e.g., through Facebook, Google, Twitter etc.) for marde marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.
We may also use the Personal Information you provide to us for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
When do we share your information
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Global Privacy Notice. We share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, manage and reduce our credit risk, verify information, fulfil orders, and provide web hosting, analytics and marketing services.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Retention of the Information
Your Rights & Opt-out
Certain parts of the marde Services require cookies. Of course, you are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features through the marde Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings or enjoy marde experience to the fullest. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. You may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising on your mobile devices.
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies on your browser when you visit the marde Services to collect information about your use of the marde Services and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet.
Access and Updates to Your Personal Information:
If you wish to verify, correct or update any of your Personal Information in your marde crafts account, you may visit your Account Page or contact us at the address or e-mail in the Contact Us section below. California residents may exercise their rights to access or delete Personal Information according to the instructions in the “For California Residents” Section below.
Unsubscribing from Communications by Us:
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their Personal Information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfilment, or delivery of a product order or servicing of your product. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may:
- Hit us with an e-mail at email@example.com,
- Contact us by mail at address, or
- Unsubscribe from our marketing email communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email.
Consent To Processing & International Transfers
marde crafts is a global business and it, or its service providers, may process, transfer and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries, including the United States. As a result, your Personal Information may be subject to data protection and other laws that may differ from your country of residence. Your Personal Information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. By using the marde Services, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as, or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.